Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Angels With Paws! There’s only one thing better than seeing pets leave the shelter with their new families—helping to make it happen! If you enjoy working with people and would like to help secure loving homes for AWP cats, consider becoming a Volunteer today!
- Assist AWP staff/volunteers in cleaning/maintenance of the shelter.
- Office work — maintaining email lists, mailings, etc. Knowledge of Microsoft Office helpful.
- Help with monthly newsletter
- Accounting — knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting preferred.
- Socialization and/or grooming for the cats.
- Foster parents feed, groom, socialize, and medicate the animal during its stay in the foster home.
- Foster parents are responsible for providing food, time, and tender loving care.
- When the animal is healthy and ready to be adopted, foster parents use one of the shelter’s many programs to get their animal adopted.
- Foster parents can adopt their foster animal, and are given first choice, but shelter staff has final approval of all adoptions. Shelter adoption guidelines are followed at all times.
- Foster parents have the option to meet potential adopters. Sometimes, the foster animals may be adopted straight from the foster home, returning to the Shelter only if it requires spay or neutering services.
You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Foster parents must be able to provide a safe, loving and stable environment for the foster animal until it is well or adopted.
- Experience with animal behavioral or medical issues is a plus, but is not necessary.
- Foster parents must have patience, as well as be willing to nurse any injury and/or illness — with the understanding that some animals will not recover from their injury.
- Foster parents must be able to transport their foster animal to and from the shelter and/or the veterinarian during business hours, should the need arise.